12th Annual Arizona Gang Conference
2100 S. Priest Dr. Tempe, AZ 85282
June 4 - 7, 2019
Registration fee: $325. and includes one (1) year AZGIA membership.
Please make payment via paypal BEFORE registering for conference. Payments are collected via paypal. A paypal account is NOT required.
PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT REGISTRATION INFORMATION
There are two (2) registration options below:
Option 1 is for all attendees that are NOT setup as active members on this new website. Even if you are a AZGIA member but NOT registered on this new website use this registration link. You will be registering for both the conference and membership.
Option 2 is ONLY for members that are already setup as active members on this new website. You will be registering for the conference only.
The 2019 curriculum was developed to provide Gang Practitioners the most up to date training on the necessary skills to combat Criminal Street Gangs (CSG’s) and Security Threat Groups (STG’s) Criminal Street gangs and prison gangs have a dependence upon each other for survival. Numerous 2019 AZGIA classes will utilize two instructors – one from the streets and one from the correctional facilities to help attendees understand the connection and the methods used by the gangs to continue to diminish the quality of life in our communities, while continuing to commit UCR Part One crimes every day. Gangs are the common denominator in most crime trends we fight every day, including the Opioid Crisis, Human Sex Trafficking and Transnational Crimes that affect almost every Arizona community. It’s not good enough to merely Hold the Line. It’s time we worked together to push the gangs out of our communities and to provide our children, our elderly and the people we protect the quality of life they deserve, and to not live in fear of gangs. Although the 2019 Curriculum is robust, it is highly recommended that attendees attend the “Basic Gang Training” which will be held on Monday, June 4, 2019 Attendees will receive twenty-four hours of continuing education credit.
CHECK IN TIME: Tuesday June 4th 08:00 - 11:00
CONFERENCE TIMES: (24 hours post credit)
- Tuesday, June 4th 11:00 - 17:00
- Wednesday, June 5th 08:00 - 17:00
- Thursday, June 6th 08:00 - 17:00
- Friday, June 7th 08:00 - 13:00
LUNCH: Will be provided for attendees on Wednesday & Thursday
HOSPITALITY: Sponsored hospitality nights with cornhole on Wednesday and Poker on Thursday. Join us and network with other agencies.
HOTEL RATES: The DoubleTree is holding a number of rooms for our conference at is $74.00 plus tax until May 15, 2019, after that date, rates are subject to change. Contact the DoubleTree Hotel at 800-528-6481. Please tell them that you are attending the Arizona Gang Investigators Conference in order to receive the discounted rate.
- White Supremacy, Skinheads, Aryan Brotherhood
- East Coast Bloods
- Interviewing gang members • Contacting gang members
- Three different social media classes
- Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs
- Barrio Azteca / Tango / Tango Blast
- Preparing for depositions and trials, and Curriculum Vitae Development
- Arizona Mexican Mafia
- Opioid Crisis and the connection to gangs
- Catching the Pimp and saving the victim, human sex trafficking
- Community based policing problem solving when gang members attempt to take over
- Gang Tattoo recognition
- Gangs that originated in Chicago
- Investigating a gang crime, from start to finish
- Gang crime scene documentation “lessons learned”
- Transnational Gang and Drug connection to the cartels and street gangs
- Surviving a gang stop when Spanish is being spoken